An important message from WCPO:
Over the course of the past year, you may have noticed several changes to WCPO.com. Simply put, we were eager to explore new possibilities that would better meet the needs of our community. Our first major step came when we grew our team and introduced new digital reporters. Next, we unveiled our redesigned website and news apps for your smartphone and tablet.
We continually strive to exceed expectations as your local news and information source and we are ready to embark on a new journey.
In early 2014, WCPO will give you the option to subscribe to access original stories.
The WCPO news team is fully committed to providing our community with news and information of the utmost importance – particularly around subjects that matter most to you. At its core, these changes are designed to give you additional insight and in-depth coverage when and where you want it.
Starting now, you’ll notice a “9” icon next to certain headlines on our website and in our news apps. Soon you’ll have the opportunity to subscribe if you want to continue reading these stories.
Subscribers will enjoy:
- The exclusive ability to comment on WCPO.com
- Full, unlimited access to all news and information produced by WCPO
- Superior local business coverage by Dan Monk
- Investigations into local government and politics by Kevin Osborne
- Stories from some of Cincinnati’s best reporters that take a deeper look into topics of local importance such as Arts and Entertainment, Education, Life, and Crime and Justice
- Special offers
What stays the same?
All WCPO.com and app users will continue to have access to:
- Breaking news, urgent news and information that pertains to the community or public safety
- Don’t Waste Your Money
- Investigations by the 9 On Your Side I-Team
- All video from our newscasts
- Photo galleries
- Access to all of our news apps
- Headlines where you don’t see the “9” icon
Take advantage of this preview period to explore the website and you will get a sense of what’s to come.
We will announce more details in the coming weeks. If you’d like to be among the first to learn more, please enter your email address in the form below.
Thank you for your being a part of WCPO, in all its forms.
Dave Peterson, WCPO-Digital General Manager
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.