CINCINNATI - We are pleased to introduce this feature from Julie Niesen Gosdin, the voice behind the food blog wine me, dine me . Julie will be serving up a great cocktail recipe the first Friday of each month. And, watch for her "wine me, dine me pick of the week," on Thursdays when she visits a local eatery and samples a signature menu item.
Man, the Reds suites are pretty sweet. Not only do you get an amazing, air-conditioned view of the game, you get some primo food and beverages.
Not all of us get to hang out in a suite, but it's easy to bring a taste of the skybox life with the Cincinnati Reds signature punch this year: Electric Strawberry Lemonade.
This is a perfect summer sipper: I definitely see it gracing a few porch parties. To get the electric strawberry color (which reminds me of Frisch's strawberry pie), like the Reds have, add a few drops of food coloring, if you choose. Otherwise it's still a pretty, bright pink.
All you'll need for this is a blender or food processor and some measuring equipment, along with a pitcher. No fancy cocktail equipment here, so it's easy to stir & enjoy.
- TIP: Want the kids to have a taste? Just omit the alcohol for a child-friendly batch.
The Cincinnati Reds' Electric Strawberry Lemonade
- 8 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 8 oz Absolut Citron
- 16 oz lemonade (homemade or frozen, prepared to package specifications)
- 8 oz frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Sliced strawberries to float on top
- combine both vodka, lemonade, pureed strawberries and simple syrup in a pitcher and stir until combined.
- Fill the remainder of the pitcher with ice and float sliced strawberries on top.
- Note: feel free to add more simple syrup if you'd like a sweeter beverage.
For the simple syrup: Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water and heat until sugar is melted. Allow to cool on the stove, then transfer to a container. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.