HAMILTON, Ohio -- Firefighters rescued an elderly man who was trapped inside a house fire in Hamilton Tuesday.
Officials say firefighters discovered the blaze at the rear of the house, located in the 1300 block of Carver Street, and suspected someone was still inside the structure.
Crews heard cries for help coming from a bedroom in the home where they found an elderly man standing near a bedroom window, officials say.
The man was lifted out of the window to firefighters outside the home. He was treated by paramedics at the scene and then transported to West Chester Hospital for smoke inhalation.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire appears to have been caused by someone cooking on the stove.
Damage is estimated at $20,000.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A petition filed Wednesday could push Brown County's coroner out of the job.
Johnny Cueto struck out 12 and Joey Votto smacked a two-run homer in the seventh inning.
He takes the stage to spread his anti-bullying message. Who is Jeff Bullis? Meet the 19-year-old West Chester, Oh. teen who is using his…
Fairfield police say they know who stabbed 15-year-old Chelsea Johnson to death almost exactly two years ago.
Judge Timothy Black has stayed his ruling that ordered Ohio to recognize same-sex marriages performed legally in other states pending appeal.
How does a family-owned electrical supply business stay competitive with giants like Home Depot and Lowe's?
A new leasing strategy is paying quick dividends for Tri-County Mall, which announced several new tenants.
The students bested teams from nine states--including the University of Louisville--in a recent competition. Organizers described the cyber…
Just three hours after asking for the community's help, police say they've located a missing 20-year-old University Heights woman.
Two victims, a woman and a teenage girl, faced terrifying situations early Sunday morning when they woke up to find a stranger standing next…