Crews rescue elderly man from Hamilton house fire

HAMILTON, Ohio -- Firefighters rescued an elderly man who was trapped inside a house fire in Hamilton Tuesday.

Officials say firefighters discovered the blaze at the rear of the house, located in the 1300 block of Carver Street, and suspected someone was still inside the structure.

Crews heard cries for help coming from a bedroom in the home where they found an elderly man standing near a bedroom window, officials say.

The man was lifted out of the window to firefighters outside the home. He was treated by paramedics at the scene and then transported to West Chester Hospital for smoke inhalation.

No other injuries were reported.

The fire appears to have been caused by someone cooking on the stove.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.
 

Print this article Back to Top

Comments

or Subscribe now so you can share your opinion! It’s only a penny for a month trial.