CINCINNATI - While Cincinnati's heritage is by no means predominantly Irish, there are plenty of pubs 'round town for all the lads to gather at and be green this St. Patrick's Day weekend.
WCPO found the top 9 of these many great publick houses so you can celebrate your St. Patty's Day right.
In no particular order:
1. Molly Malone's - Authentic Irish feel, authentic Irish music, authentic Irish creeky, hardwood floors and all the traditional drinks you can ask for from bartenders straight off the boat. This N.Ky./Pleasant Ridge spot is a bustling supporter of all things green.
112 E 4th St
Covington, KY 41011
6111 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45213
2. Hap's - This spot turns a parking lot into a giant celebration of all things Ireland, with all the beer and fast-talking bartenders to go with it. A great spot, but be prepared for a crowd.
3510 Erie Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45208
3. R.P. McMurphy's - While not obviously Irish, this pub carries enough beer to hold its own, with a good bit 'o room both inside and outside to fit all the thirsty lads and lasses.
2910 Wasson Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45209
4. Dingle House Irish Pub - Traditional Irish fare, and all the drinks to go with it, the Dingle House offers an green atmosphere with a touch of modernity for all to enjoy (you won't miss any sports on the 17 TVs they flaunt).
9102 West Chester Towne Center Drive
West Chester, OH
5. Claddagh Irish Pub - With a good indoor/outdoor mix at Newport on the Levee and some great live Irish music, Claddagh will be a crowded spot on St. Patty's Day. And if you get hungry, the fish and chips and the whiskey sauce go down smooth.
Newport on the Levee
Newport, KY 41071
6. Crowley's - Located in the heart of Mt. Adams, the bartenders alone will convince you that you've made it across the pond. Cheap, easy and a ton of fun. Other than the parking of course (But then again, everyone should be in a cab on St. Patty's Day!)
958 Pavilion St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
7. O'Bryon's - This is a lesser-known spot nestled in O'Bryonville, but with the pub and the neighborhood named like that, it screams whiskey and rye. Two floors, an outdoor patio if it's nice out, good food and affordable fun.
1998 Madison Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45208
8. Brazenhead - For you northern Tri-State folks, Brazenhead offers authenticity, good drinks and delicious Irish food. With a 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. open time on this weekend's holiday, stop by whenever you can, or the whole day!
5650 Tylersville Rd
Mason, OH 45040
9. Trinity - Another northern option, Trinity in West Chester has some fantastic fish and chips, with plenty of Guinness and Smithwick's to go 'round.
8953 Princeton Glendale Rd
West Chester, OH 45069